In this section:
We have had a superb 3 weeks back at school, getting used to our usual routines,...
We start our Summer Term by launching our brand new club timetable! Our Summe...
Welcome to virtual World Book Week, 2021 We have had a superb week at Newcrof...
During Autumn 2, 2020, all 389 of our pupils took part in our annual pupil surve...
Our school began life in 1875 as Sheepshed British School in the school room of the Charnwood Road Baptist Chapel on Charley Way. It was founded as a Public Elementary School (mixed infants).
Subsequently, the school moved to new premises on the site which is now the Co-op and was renamed ‘Hallcroft’ in 1884. It remained there until the school was damaged by fire in 1977. During the construction of the new school, the children were housed in mobile classrooms on the same site as St Botolph’s School.
On October 26th, 1982, the new school was opened on its present site and was re-named ‘Newcroft Primary School’. Since this time, in 2018, since numbers had grown so much that we could no longer accommodate all of the children in the present buildings, we have built an annex of four classrooms and a large sports hall on the school site. We call the new building 'Hall Croft' in homage to the original school.
In September 2016, the school chose to convert to an Academy, forming the Symphony Learning Trust, Multi-Academy Trust along with 5 other schools. At this time, we changed the logo (to a Sheep’s Head in recognition of the traditions of the Town) and we changed the name of the School to Newcroft Primary Academy.
Diane Lane, Business Director
Newcroft Primary Academy