During Autumn 2, 2020, all 389 of our pupils took part in our annual pupil survey. We are thrilled with the results; most notably that our children all feel tha...
Please click to view our Autumn 2 Newsletter ...
We are pleased to announce our extra curricular offer to pupils during Spring 1, 2021. ...
Newcroft is an Outstanding Primary School in Shepshed, near Loughborough, in the north of Leicestershire.
The school is housed in a semi open plan building and an annex, The Hall Croft building for our older pupils. We provide outstanding teaching and learning for 3 - 11 year olds, including a Pre-School and year groups from Reception to Year 6. The buildings are set in five acres of ground with various play areas, a forest, an outdoor classroom, sports field, attractive gardens and a wildlife area.
The school provides wrap-around care for families through offering a range of extended services—Breakfast Club, Afterschool Club and Pre-School sessions. In addition, Newcroft is operating as a Forest School to make best use of our extensive grounds to provide an excellent outdoor learning environment.
The History of Newcroft Primary Academy
Our school began life in 1875 as Sheepshed British School in the school room of the Charnwood Road Baptist Chapel on Charley Way. It was founded as a Public Elementary School (mixed infants).
Subsequently, the school moved to new premises on the site which is now the Co-op and was renamed ‘Hallcroft’ in 1884. It remained there until the school was damaged by fire in 1977. During the construction of the new school, the children were housed in mobile classrooms on the same site as St Botolph’s School.
On October 26th, 1982, the new school was opened on its present site and was re-named ‘Newcroft Primary School’. Since this time, in 2018, since numbers had grown so much that we could no longer accommodate all of the children in the present buildings, we have built an annex of four classrooms and a large sports hall on the school site. We call the new building 'Hall Croft' in homage to the original school.
In September 2016, the school chose to convert to an Academy, forming the Symphony Learning Trust, Multi-Academy Trust along with 5 other schools. At this time, we changed the logo (to a Sheep’s Head in recognition of the traditions of the Town) and we changed the name of the School to Newcroft Primary Academy.